Enterprise Data - BVAL Data Architect
Posted Jun 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 91818
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world.
Bloomberg's evaluated pricing service, BVAL, provides increased transparency through accurate pricing of fixed income and derivatives instruments. Mutual funds, money managers, hedge funds, internal pricing groups, and auditors rely on BVAL to establish fair and independent fixed income asset valuations.
The BVAL Data Architecture team is a small, cross-functional team within BVAL. Our goal is to drive data and evidence based decision-making to benefit our clients and to enhance our products. We are seeking a data scientist to assist us in extracting valuable insight from BVAL’s high quality pricing data, create an inventory of the data needed to drive our business processes forward, and partner with our quantitative team on building new data models. The ideal candidate will combine technical data science traits with good business acumen.
Who are you?
An autonomous, creative data scientist/architect who loves technology, is endlessly curious, aggressively inquisitive, and an advocate for best practice
A systems thinker who can conceive and portray the big data picture, while understanding how to break a larger problem down into smaller pieces that can be solved independently
We'll trust you to:
- Design and launch (Minimum Viable Product) MVPs, proof-of-concepts for business process and workflow optimization
- Identify strategic data/workflow gaps in our BVAL ecosystem and advocate for new technologies and techniques
- Work together with Product, Quants, Engineering teams, and domain experts to help shape product strategy and execution roadmap
- Build intuitive data visualizations to communicate information and to answer business questions
- Balance hands on work with a desire to keep up with trends.
You’ll need to have:
- Programming skills in an analysis language (eg. Python, R) and knowledge of open source data analysis and/or machine learning libraries
- Understanding of large scale, distributed analysis systems (e.g., Spark, Hive) with an ability to understand large systems with minimal documentation
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
- Strong analytical abilities with passion for data and evidence based decision-making
- Good understanding of system development life cycle and software project management approaches
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, statistics, engineering, or a closely related field
We’d love to see:
- Systems thinkers – an interest or a natural preference to think about system architecture and how things work together
- Understanding of bond structures, fixed income analytics and pricing methods
- Direct or indirect experience working with finance professionals in a time-sensitive environment
- Knowledge of the Bloomberg terminal
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.