Enterprise Data - Quant and Systematic Sales Representative
Posted Apr 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 90054
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1bn business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What's the role?
We are looking for a new Sales representative to join our team who will be responsible for driving sales across the enterprise data product suite to the workflow of the quant audience.
The quant approach to investing on the rise, again. This time round, the adoption of quant techniques, to find and bring investment ideas to market, is no longer the domain of the most sophisticated Hedge Funds. Big asset managers are also introducing these techniques to complement more traditional processes. This is an interesting time in finance, with more data available, more computing power, and advanced techniques becoming accessible and familiar to a new generation of investor. This is a unique opportunity to lead a dynamic and collaborative group of people to position Bloomberg’s content and technology solutions to the workflow of the quant community.
We will trust you to:
- Utilize your strong product knowledge, technical skills, and market knowledge to generate revenue for Enterprise Businesses & all of Bloomberg’s solutions.
- Manage an enterprise sales engagements with multiple stakeholders, and long term requirements.
- Articulate the features and benefits of Bloomberg enterprise level products in great detail, so that you can act as a partner for your customers.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of what your customers do so that you can position our products to them at multiple phases of an engagement to multiple stakeholders.
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs
- Collaborate internally to implement and execute value-added solution
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- Ability to manage change at a fast pace
- Solution oriented mindset
- Curiosity for constant learning that transform itself into the ability to make results
- Technical understanding of the Quant workflow
- Deep understanding of Bloomberg’s technology platforms for the distribution of market data
- Understanding of the application of modern languages like Python, R, and environments such as Jupyter
- Deep understanding of Bloomberg’s Enterprise data content sets such as EDF, BPIPE, reference data as well as the growing trends across in Alternative data
- Ability to effectively communicate with a Quant audience about the Bloomberg data offering
- Location London but successful candidate must be willing to travel
- Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills in English
We’d love to see:
- Passion for change and building the future of Enterprise Solution in Bloomberg
- Understanding of Machine Learning to solving problems in the financial domain
- Fluency in one or more European language
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.