Enterprise Data - Sales Specialist - Research, ESG & Data Science Products
Posted Sep 26, 2023 - Requisition No. 120267
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What's the role?
We are looking for a new Sales representative to join our team who will be responsible for driving sales across the enterprise data product suite to the workflow of Research, sustainability and the Quant audience. Two major trends are raising strong and fast and in this new role you will have the chance to experiment both of them: ESG and the new wave of Quants Data science approach to investing. Both are impacting the industry at all levels of the spectrum size and in different ways for the buy side and the sell side.
This time round, the adoption of quant techniques, to find and bring investment ideas to market, is no longer the domain of the most sophisticated Hedge Funds. Big asset managers are also introducing these techniques to complement more traditional investment processes. This is an interesting time in finance, with more data available, more computing power combined with ESG that is adding a new fresh dimension to the investment process; all of this combined with new advanced techniques becoming accessible and familiar to a new generation of investor have created exciting market challenges to capitalize on. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and collaborative group of people to position Bloomberg’s content and technology solutions to the Research, ESG and Quant community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Link the market and industry trends to articulate the features and benefits of Bloomberg enterprise ESG and Research products in great detail, so that you can act as a partner for your customers.
- Research and Data Science Sales Specialist Representatives will be responsible for the sales and retention of our Research dataset and ESG & sustainability data set suite of offerings.
- Build and execute on sales strategies with other internal sales and account management groups and team up to win opportunities
- Validate the client workflow and engage the appropriate sales team and technical resources where necessary
- Assist Enterprise Sales members across the organization on learning how to identify ESG and Quant sales opportunities
- Collaborate internally to implement and execute value-added solution
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs
- Frequent client and prospect interaction through sales calls and on-site visits
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
We’ll need you to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience working across financial services
- Proven consultative sales skills, including competitive market research, lead generation, prospecting, business development and closing sales
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills in English
- In depth understanding of our customers business and data needs
- Skilled in establishing, developing and maintaining key relationships within strategic accounts, including senior client relationships at CxO levels
- Knowledge and demonstrable understanding of the ESG market
- Ability to manage change at a fast pace
- Solution oriented mindset
- Desire to continually learn and add new technical and selling skills
- Understanding of the application of modern languages like Python, R, and environments such as Jupiter
- Located in London, but successful candidate must be willing to travel
We’d love to see:
- Passion for change and building the future of Enterprise Solution in Bloomberg
- Understanding of Machine Learning to solving problems in the financial domain
- Having experience in ESG as well as in other Alternative data (New)
- Fluency in one or more European language (preferences for French, Italian, German)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org