Enterprise Data - Technical Pre Sales Consultant
Posted Jan 15, 2020 - Requisition No. 80739
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the successful business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What's the role?
You'll be the primary interface into Bloomberg for some of our largest clients, the trusted advisor they turn to when making major infrastructure decisions. You'll form deep, lasting relationships at multiple levels, and be the advocate for your customer within Bloomberg, and also the advocate of Bloomberg with your customer.
Collaborating with your colleagues within our Enterprise Data team, you'll enable our customers to gain maximum benefit from their partnership with Bloomberg by helping them gain a detailed understanding of how our products and services can solve real problems for their business. Through listening to our client’s needs, and investing heavily in our products and people, we have arrived at a genuinely exciting point in our evolution – particularly in the real time data and technology space.
We are a service focused team, with customer satisfaction and trusted relations being of the highest priority. You will also be skilled in spotting opportunities to deepen our partnership with clients, working closely with the sales, product and implementation teams on reaching full commercial potential. You can’t beat face to face contact with clients, and so some travel will be involved.
We'll trust you to:
The role breaks down into three key areas, and we don’t need you to have experience of them all.
- Partnering within the account team across Bloomberg (Sales and Product Specialists) to identify and qualify sales opportunities
- Understanding client technical priorities and objectives and mapping Bloomberg solutions to best support those requirements
- Providing inputs on proposed requirements for implementing and supporting new products based upon client feedback
2. Project management & implementation
- Collaborating with clients to form a comprehensive and cohesive plan for implementation, potentially across multiple regions
- Project leading the engagement, partnering with the necessary internal resources to ensure a successful delivery of the agreed solution
3. Account Management
- Ensuring a consistent, cohesive and comprehensive level of service delivery into your clients
- Forging valuable relationships across the client's technology teams within both the vertical IT and business silos (Equities, FICC, FX etc.) and horizontal functions (CTO, Architecture, Infrastructure, Sourcing etc.)
- Providing our client with subject matter expertise across the Enterprise Data Technology product portfolio, either through personal knowledge or leveraging others within the wider team
- Attaining extensive understanding of your client's architecture, infrastructure and application environment in order to be able to best support their requirements
You’ll need to have:
- Client experience and customer service excellence is key to the Bloomberg ethos, so we are looking for you to be organised, have great problem solving skills, and a customer focused mindset which will see you go the extra mile
- Experience of working within a similar customer focused function, and a demonstrated ability to work with clients
- Broad knowledge and experience of market data tools, reporting, entitlement and administration systems
We would love to see:
- Technical market data analysis experience and knowledge of financial market data products, delivery services, APIs and protocol technologies; but if you don’t have it, but have the right attitude we can teach you!
- Pre-sales experience, and a commercial awareness
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.