Enterprise Data EMEA Support Team Leader
Posted May 20, 2019 - Requisition No. 75200
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the successful business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer.
Without us, they simply can’t operate.
Due to business growth, and significant opportunity, there is an opportunity to join the Service Delivery leadership team within Enterprise Data in EMEA.
One of Bloomberg’s key differentiators is our level of customer service. It’s something we are proud to be known for in the industry. In this leadership role, you will lead from the front a dynamic,
multi-lingual support team. You will ensure you and your team provide a premier level of service whether answering questions on our data content and technology, investigating and troubleshooting a reported service delivery issue or attending a client meeting with a colleague from our Sales or Technical Account Management teams. You’ll also interact with multiple internal business areas in order to ensure a seamless level of outstanding customer service. So be prepared to demonstrate your strong communication skills and can-do attitude.
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Service Delivery, you’ll bring with you a strong background in leading
client facing teams within the financial services space. You’re great at keeping your cool in pressured
situations, skilled at flexing your style to suit your audience. Importantly, you take pride in developing your team, managing them through the changing business environment associated with one of the fastest growing businesses in Bloomberg.
This role is best suited if you have experience of either Bloomberg's Enterprise product suite or other market data feed and technology platforms, which will enable you to assist your clients on a variety of different areas.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide effective and inspiring day-to-day leadership presence
- Set clear objectives, evaluate progress and develop a high performance culture with focus on collaboration, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Ensure working practices are well defined and operational with minimal disruption using technology to improve efficiency as appropriate
- Encourage open communication between team members, suggesting and driving forward ideas about how the team can work more effectively together
- Collaborate with the internal functions including sales, product management, Engineering and Network Operations to develop and implement appropriate technical solutions for our clients
- Develop and implement training programs to drive individual performance, technical and skills development
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and manage change both at an individual and team level.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues to bridge regional operations into cohesive global support model
You’ll need to have:
- Experience leading, coaching or mentoring of colleagues in an IT or Market Data Support environment
- Proven management of production service teams, leadership strategically focused, delegation, supervision and associated human resource skills
- Real passion for troubleshooting, critical thinking, and teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to maintain a professional demeanour when handling complex issues.
- Good time and task management - as an individual and for the team
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and experience in Market Data Distribution platforms
- An understanding of Unix / Linux system maintenance, technical networking topologies, network distribution technologies & concepts, network distribution protocols, and/or hands on experience of industry leading Market Data enterprise distribution systems, data feeds
- An understanding of either Bloomberg or a similar vendor’s Enterprise data offerings, including real time, reference, pricing or regulatory content.
- Experience of industry standard Market Data Real-Time Enterprise Technologies, eg RMDS, TREP, Wombat, SR-LABS etc
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Open Date - 20th May 2019
Close Date - 19th June 2019