Enterprise Data Sales - Technology Pre-Sales Specialist/Engineer
Posted Jun 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 104817
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and growing. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1bn business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
We are looking for someone to join Enterprise Data Sales as a Technology pre-Sales Specialist/Engineer!
What's the role?
As a Pre-Sales Technology Specialist, you will be part of the Entreprise Data Technology sales specialist team. Your role will be to strengthen and help grow our business within the EMEA region by supporting the sales team efforts. You'll be responsible for technical consultation, multi-product workflow design and assisting traditional sales teams in their clients engagements, advising them on best set up and help them convey the message to clients. Additionally, you will help to drive the direction of our products, providing feedback to Business Managers, Product Managers and Engineers based on client feedback, market research and conditions.
You ideally are familiar with Messaging, Middleware, APIs and Cloud technologies including the merits and demerits of each. While we wish some level of programming knowledge, the role does not have anything to do with coding. This role will interface internally with colleagues and externally to articulate the solution to our clients. In addition, you would like to see a level of understanding of sell-side and buy-side workflows.
You'll develop a really deep knowledge of the technology and data flow around financial organizations, the Cloud and the micro-services model. Who uses data feeds delivered via the Bloomberg API and what for, especially within Front Office applications.
We will trust you to:
- Become an expert in our micro-services model and Cloud solutions for market data.
- Partner with Sales Specialist Team to further multi-product technical engagements.
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships with technical decision makers and other key individuals with influence.
- Articulate the features and benefits of Bloomberg data feed solutions, so that you can act as a partner for our customers.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of what our customers do so that you can advise and help position our products to them at multiple phases of an engagement to multiple stakeholders.
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs
- Understand technology, competitors or alternatives and successfully position our products’ advantages
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running webinars, and active involvement in product improvement
You'll need to have:
- A technology background, with 5 years+ experience across: Infrastructure, Data management, APIs, Cloud
- Capital Markets knowledge with basic understanding of buy & sell-sides
- Highly proactive approach and confidence in sales approach and strategy
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills in English
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with real-time market data feeds and market data distribution platforms
- Fluency in one or more European language (not mandatory)
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org