Enterprise Data, Sales Representative
Posted Feb 28, 2019 - Requisition No. 73865
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1bn business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
Firms that commit to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
What's the role?
- Due to significant expansion – and huge opportunity, we’re looking for a talented sales professional. You’ll have the vision and domain expertise to build successful sales strategies so that we capitalise on the opportunities in front of us. You’ll be ready to step up and make your mark.
- You'll be responsible for sales of Reference Data, Real-Time data feeds and the Bloomberg Asset Valuation Service (BVAL) in our major clients. You'll work closely with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships.
- You'll need to demonstrate credibility with a proven competency and knowledge of enterprise selling across buy side and sell side firms. You’ll have a really deep understanding of the flow of data around a financial organisation, who uses it and what for.
- You'll be a good listener, and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients. You’ll demonstrate how the quality, reliability and timeliness of Bloomberg content and services will help both financial firms' users and businesses improve processes and comply with new regulations. You’ll also provide sales insight upon the benefits of leveraging our cutting edge technology to effectively deliver, organize and use data will help to streamline their supply chain, creating value and generating efficiencies.
- You’ll be comfortable interacting with C-level executives, experienced with long selling cycles and confident in communicating how our technology solutions will contribute to their overall business goals at a higher level.
We'll trust you to;
- Manage the Enterprise sales engagement smoothly from beginning to end
- You'll leverage market, product and technical expertise to identify client needs
- Acquire and maintain a good understanding of your clients’ regulatory obligations, and how Bloomberg ES could work in partnership to help meet them
- You'll produce clear, concise proposals with an appropriate level of detail that identify client needs, current workflows, proposed solutions and commercials
- You'll establish & execute a pipeline target market strategy for achieving sales targets through the appropriate stages of the sales cycle within your assigned client base
- You'll build relationships across client organizations to ensure that all stakeholders are managed appropriately as part of the sales process
- You'll balance engagements across the sales life-cycle to maintain desired pipeline levels for long, medium, and short-term sales
You’ll need to have:
- An understanding of our clients (who their customers are, how they make money)
- The Customer's technology stack, workflows, and internal structure
- An ability to leverage product and domain knowledge to build and maintain credibility with clients, identify gaps and recommend solutions
- Experience in sales where you have met or exceeded demanding targets (revenue-generating and adoption/usage goals)
- A consultative and solution sales skills
- A competent grasp on the regulatory landscape of both buy side and sell side firms
- A solid understanding of the flow & use of of real time and reference data around financial institutions
- Fluency in a second European language would be a strong advantage
We’d also love to see:
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg Professional Service
- Knowledge of and relationships within a similar market
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Open Date - 28th February 2019
Close Date - 29th March 2019