We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. We provide a vast number of data sets that cover all asset classes, via multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling options. This means our clients get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
We’re looking for a passionate, motivated service-orientated individual to come join our team. You’ll be a quick study, ready to work as part of an effective, reactive triage function within the Enterprise Data Service Delivery department. You’ll be trained to quickly and accurately identify problems, and then perform detailed & meaningful diagnostic & troubleshooting to identify the root cause. If needed, you’ll escalate the issue internally, all whilst ensuring our clients receive an exceptional, seamless support experience.
You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical, and keen to join a diverse team that provides round-the-clock support to our Enterprise Data clients. You're a solution-provider, with a passion for providing platinum technical support. You are able to get results by working closely with team members and colleagues around the organization, but are also not afraid of making independent decisions when situation demands.
This role is based in London.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with technical and market data contacts at client firms to help resolve & prevent issues that may impact the their businesses
- Handle escalations to internal Bloomberg groups such as Network Operations, Global Data team, Data Feed teams, Enterprise Implementation and Engineering
- Take ownership of questions and technical issues reported by clients and provide direct support using telephone, ticket systems & email, and, if necessary, actually in person
- Actively troubleshoot to recreate reported customer issues on internal, client simulated & test system environments OR by actually carrying out diagnostic work on clients own test/UAT systems
- Maintain the health and availability of our systems through alerting, monitoring, capacity management, instrumenting, and reporting
- Partner with sales and account management to build and strengthen client relationships
You’ll need to have:
- An analytic and problem solving mindset to identify root causes to issues
- A passion for customer service, gained within a ticket based high volume environment
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to maintain a professional demeanour when handling complex and time sensitive issues
- Knowledge of market data and data models having worked within a Data Vendor environment
- A good understanding of market data, asset types and associated data points
- Ability to derive requirements from stakeholders via email, meetings, and conference calls
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or Finance / Economics
- Fluent English language skills as well as a second language, either European, Russian or Japanese
We’d love to see some of the below:
- UNIX skills with ability to investigate technical issues or willingness to learn
- Any exposure to languages using Shell, Perl and Python,.NET, Java, and C++
- A basic conceptual understanding of Web Services
- Experience with database querying languages such as SQL, NoSQL or similar
- Exposure to architectural design in order to facilitate client adoption of Bloomberg's Enterprise Data products and services
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary - Competitive & Bonus
Open Date - 10th April
Closing date 9th May