Enterprise Products - Electronic Trading Solutions, Risk Manager
Posted Jan 22, 2020 - Requisition No. 80849
Buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve the best execution across multiple asset classes. The Bloomberg Professional service provides trading solutions and sophisticated analytics to meet these needs, all on a single platform.
Bloomberg Electronic Trading Solutions (ETS) trading platforms are supported with Enterprise solutions to provide end-to-end workflows. This way, clients can stage, monitor, trade, allocate and perform TCA on their trades directly from the Bloomberg Terminal for each asset class, whilst seamlessly interacting with our buy-side and sell-side Order Management Systems AIM, TOMS and SSEOMS.
What’s the role?
The Electronic Trading Solutions Risk Team is recruiting for an experienced Operations Risk Manager. The candidate will be part of a global team focused on ensuring that the Governance, Risk and Control Frameworks are operating effectively. This includes an active role in the continuous improvement of the operating control environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Measure the Risk Framework against agreed risk appetite and tolerance levels
- Partner with Business and Technology to deliver efficiency and control improvements through process analysis, collaboration, design, and implementation
- Partner with Compliance to ensure control and process activities comply with the relevant legislation and regulation
- Embedding a positive culture of confident and informed risk-taking through training, communication and promotion of the agreed risk framework - Provide operational support for senior business managers and supporting groups within Core Product
- Working closely with the CRO, Risk Committee, other executive and non-executive committee members across the business in shaping a high-achieving, well-controlled organisation which can achieve growth targets safely
- Participate in independent reviews of the operating model whilst identifying and escalating any and all remediation requirements resulting from recommendations
- Formally analyse functional and support gaps, identify risks, propose solutions, and manage execution
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a consistent track record of academic success
- Minimum 3-5 years of previous experience with a financial institution
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of risk management, control assessment and/or control testing activities
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes, including basic understanding of EU, UK or APAC regulatory landscapes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information
- Demonstrated success in running projects across myriad organizational groups
- Success in managing third party vendors and outsourced services
- Strong financial services and products acumen
- Basic understanding of financial and strategic planning
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.