Enterprise Services - BQuant Client Support Specialist
Posted Oct 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 120917
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Quant platform (BQuant) is an interactive development tool that provides a turnkey end-to-end solution that supports complex quantitative analysis and delivers data-driven insights to front-office teams at high speed - providing faster time to market. BQuant is designed for buy-side quants, analysts, and portfolio managers that want to adopt a more quantitative approach to their investment process.
What’s the role?
We are looking to appoint a BQuant client support specialist. The role will see you engaging with top quantitative finance experts to support them in the usage of the BQuant platform. Do you want to get exposure to the latest technology and coolest programming packages, and to be part of shaping a product with great revenue potential for our clients? You will use your financial markets knowledge to support Bloomberg BQuant clients, helping them to develop and implement their quantitative investment strategies and research on our Python based quant platform. Your role will specifically focus on deployment, adoption and support.
We’ll trust you to:
- Serve as a liaison between customers, Sales, and Product departments to address customer requests on BQuant
- Take ownership of escalated customer issues and formulate next steps to bring them to resolution
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts across business functions and levels
- Spot market and product usage trends to increase revenue opportunities for Sales and Desktop Build Group (DBG)
- Think out-of-the-box in finding new solutions to provide better services to our customers
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and/or enhance the customer experience
You’ll learn on the job:
- A deep understanding of quantitative strategies and investment knowledge across Equities, ESG, Fixed Income, FX and Commodities
- Expertise in data science, quantitative investment strategies and capital markets, supported by training
- Open Source Python technologies for advanced data visualizations, widgets, and analytics
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 18 months of client facing experience in Financial Services or a Financial Technology company
- Coding skills in Python
- Experience with big data analysis or machine learning applications in finance
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working within a collaborative environment where you partner with both clients and colleagues
We’d love to see:
- In-depth knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as R, VBA or similar
- Experience or qualifications with cloud computing
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com