Enterprise Services - Implementation Specialist, Buy-Side Order Management System (AIM)
Posted Apr 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 115329
AIM is the Bloomberg Buy-Side order management system, delivering global multi-asset solutions for portfolio management, order management and execution, compliance, and post-trade operations. AIM is used by more than 15,000 professionals in nearly 90 countries at over 900 buy-side firms, including some of the largest asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds and government agencies.
Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market that allows clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets, or investment styles on a fully hosted platform, without disruption.
What’s the role?
The Buy-Side Implementation Team is critical in launching a successful client engagement by providing buy-side industry insight and best practice trading workflows for a wide range of client types. As an Implementation specialist, our clients will depend on you to provide project management, client onboarding, system configuration, training, testing and support across portfolio construction, position & risk management, order & trade execution management, compliance, and investment operations.
We'll trust you to:
Successfully onboard clients onto Bloomberg Buy-Side Solutions
- Construct and own detailed project plans and provide project management and governance across the entire life of the project by coordinating with relevant Bloomberg departments, the client and third-party vendor applications
- Support implementation activities working alongside colleagues in Sales, Account Management and Product Development
- Navigate and organize complex client requirements to clearly define project milestones and timelines with a high degree of confidence and credibility
- Effectively manage client expectations for a better on-boarding experience
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communication channels across multiple implementation projects concurrently with varying degrees of asset class and workflow complexities
Understand and design a client’s Bloomberg target operating model
- Partner with Sales to drive and own project scoping, requirements gathering and solution design prior to completing the sale
- Influence and implement industry best practices for investment management workflows
- Develop and execute strategies to better penetrate our solutions and increase usage by time of go-live
Provide expertise across the investment lifecycle
- Acquire deep knowledge, and instill exposure of AIM's offering across front, middle, and back office solutions – with a baseline understanding of associated solutions (e.g. PORT)
- Work as the product advocate to increase usage during and after implementation
You'll need to have:
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Deep knowledge of buy-side industry trends and best practices for workflows and technology stacks
- Deep knowledge of workflows across portfolio management, order management, trading, compliance, and operations for institutional investment managers
- Proven ability to work across multiple teams and departments, both with internal and external stakeholders
- A highly articulate and consultative approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Great organisational skills, a proactive attitude, and an ability to work well as a team
- Strong Microsoft Application knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in French or Italian language
- Working understanding of AIM
- Experience in solution architecture
- PMP / Prince 2 certification
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org