Enterprise Services - Solutions Engineer
Posted Jun 27, 2023 - Requisition No. 117260
We are Enterprise data services - fast paced, agile, innovative, and growing. We are at the heart of where, change meets value, technology development, data and client relationships. Our vast selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients can get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
We’re looking for a passionate, motivated, highly technical, client facing individual to come join our family. As a Solutions Engineer, you’ll be providing best practice consultation directly to our internal and external clients for the integration of our Enterprise Data products and services. You’ll be a quick study, eager to develop your understanding of the Bloomberg Enterprise Data Products and our customer base, to technically lead client engagements as well as provide a third tier of technical expertise for complex issues. You’ll drive the client programming partnership, communicate product improvements, and be the technical design sounding board for everything data.
Our culture is fast paced and innovative and you should have a track record of bringing persistence and creativity together to solve difficult and interesting problems while advocating technology presence and best practices. You’ll be solution focused, with the ability to perform detailed, meaningful, diagnosis and troubleshooting rather quickly and accurately along with developing additional tools where you see a need internally or for our clients. You’re a programming and technical professional who is personable, intelligent, analytical and solution driven. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty and making independent decisions when the situation demands.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Partner closely with development leadership to build out solutions using Bloomberg’s API based Enterprise Data Technology.
- Understand big picture roadmaps and strategies to achieve long term goals such as Digital Transformation, RPA and Cloud adoption.
- Collaborate with peers, sales, technical account managers and service delivery teams to drive critical client on-boarding initiatives, technology partnerships and highly technical projects.
- Proactively identify ideas to help drive stronger product performance and implement those ideas from inception to completion.
- Actively identify potential areas of improvement or gaps in internal tools & monitoring systems and develop solutions.
- Support the developer community around Bloomberg's data delivery mechanisms.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and equivalent 10+ years of development experience.
- Strong client facing experience, be presentable & able to articulate complex technical concepts to all skill levels.
- Industry experience in development or implementation of Real Time market data applications and related API’s.
- Industry experience with software development in one or more programming languages (.NET, Java, C++, C#), Big Data, Data Science and Public Cloud technologies.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple technical streams / lead client engagements whilst collaborating across different teams.
- Confident to work with clients ranging from application developers to CTOs.
We’d Love to See:
- Exposure and understanding of Financial Data, especially Real Time Market Data is helpful
- Experience in architecting, designing and operationalization of large-scale data and analytics solutions
- Knowledge of financial markets and levels of urgency for critical data needs
- Experience with database querying languages such as SQL, NoSQL or similar
- Exposure to modular designs with a focus on reliability and scalability.
- Commercial Product development.
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org