Enterprise Services - Technical Support Representative
Posted Nov 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 111558
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Service delivery - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses, individual data and technology needs to better support them. and Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What's the role:
We’re looking for a passionate, motivated service-orientated individual to come join our Data support team. You’ll be trained to quickly and accurately identify problems, and then perform thorough troubleshooting to pinpoint the root cause. If needed, you’ll escalate the issue internally, all whilst ensuring our clients receive an exceptional, seamless support experience.
You are professional and personable, intelligent and analytical, and keen to join a diverse team that provides round-the-clock support to our Enterprise Data clients. You're a solution-provider, with a passion for providing platinum customer service support. You can get results by working closely with team members and colleagues around the organization but are also not afraid of making independent decisions when the situation demands. You are an aspiring leader who operates with high impact and is keen to demonstrate your organizational and management skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with technical and market data contacts at client firms to help resolve & prevent issues that may impact their businesses
- Handle escalations to internal Bloomberg groups such as Network Operations, Global Data team, Data Feed teams, Implementation and Engineering
- Take ownership of questions and technical issues reported by clients and provide direct support using telephone, ticket systems & email, and, if necessary, in person
- Actively troubleshoot to recreate reported customer issues on internal, client simulated & test system environments OR by carrying out diagnostic work on clients’ own test/UAT systems
- Identify opportunities to implement and drive adoption of self-service solutions to meet client needs
- Identify team and personal workflow efficiencies through tooling and process improvement
- Maintain the health and availability of our systems through alerting, monitoring, capacity management, instrumenting, and reporting
- Partner with sales and account management to build and strengthen client relationships
- At least 4 years of Client facing experience in Financial Services or a Financial Technology company- A strong understanding of market data and associated financial instruments
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication & negotiation skills
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to maintain a professional demeanour when handling complex and time sensitive issues
- Strong attention to detail and technical problem-solving skills
- A basic conceptual understanding of Web Services and REST API's
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in one or more of the following foreign languages: French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish. Additional foreign language expertise is most welcome.
- CFA or related financial services certifications
- An understanding of cloud architecture (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- A basic understanding of infrastructure and connectivity
- An understanding of TCP / IP networking fundamentals
- An understanding of Linux System
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org