Bloomberg’s evaluated pricing service, BVAL, provides increased transparency through accurate pricing of fixed income and derivatives instruments. Mutual funds, money managers, hedge funds, internal pricing groups, and auditors rely on BVAL to establish fair and independent fixed income asset valuations.
What’s the role?
The BVAL Evaluators are capital markets experts responsible for employing relevant, innovative, and leading-edge valuation models that use Bloomberg’s in-house analytics to provide high-quality data for the front/ middle office and operations.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and support valuation models and systems to provide clients with evaluated prices for corporate/agency/sovereign securities
- Work closely with other BVAL team members, business development, and engineering to enhance and maintain BVAL pricing models
- Assist clients who use BVAL prices for NAV, P&L and/or risk analytic purposes
- Partner with sales in presenting the BVAL service to our clients
- Discuss complex valuation models and pricing questions with colleagues and clients
You’ll need to have:
- A good level of experience in high yield or investment grade corporate bond trading, underwriting, credit analysis or valuation
- Experience with fixed income analytics and pricing methods
- Proficiency in analysing large datasets and fundamental knowledge of statistics
- Ability to articulate complex valuation models in a clear and concise manner with internal and external constituents
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of the Bloomberg terminal
- Experience with using Python, Excel VBA
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.