We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard and smart to become the $1bn business we are today. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
We’re looking for a passionate, motivated service-orientated individual to come join our team. You’ll be a quick study, ready to work as part of an effective, reactive triage function within the Enterprise Solutions Service Delivery department. You’ll be trained to quickly and accurately identify the specific area of where the problem may reside, and then perform detailed & meaningful diagnostic & troubleshooting to resolve or identify root cause. If needed, you’ll route the issue to the next level internally, all whilst ensuring our clients receive an exceptional, seamless support experience.
You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. You're a solution-provider, with a passion for providing platinum technical support. You are able to get results by working closely with team members and colleagues around the organization, but are also not afraid of making independent decisions when situation demands.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with technical contacts at client firms to help resolve & prevent technical and data content issues that may impact the client side Bloomberg Enterprise Services within their production systems
- Handle escalations to internal Bloomberg groups such as Network Operations, Global Data team, Data Feed teams, Enterprise Implementation and Engineering
- Take ownership of technical requests & raised technical issues reported by clients and provide direct support using telephone, ticket systems & email, and, if necessary, actually in person on client site visits
- Actively perform troubleshooting steps to recreate reported customer issues on internal, client simulated & test system environments OR by actually carrying out diagnostic work on actual clients own test/UAT systems. Analyze usage and log reports
- Maintain and actively use internal test environments & test tools for immediate technical recreation test work
- Maintain the health and availability of our systems through alerting, monitoring, capacity management, instrumenting, and reporting
- Partner with sales and account management to build and strengthen client relationships
You’ll need to have:
- An analytic and problem solving mindset to identify root causes to issues
- A passion for customer service
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex and time sensitive issues
- Knowledge of market data, data models and industry standard real-time distribution platforms
- A good understanding of market data, asset types and associated data points
- Ability to derive requirements from stakeholders via email, meetings, and conference calls
- Ability to analyze/parse log files effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or Finance
We’d love to see some of the below:
- UNIX skills with ability to investigate technical issues or willingness to learn
- A basic conceptual understanding of Web Services
- Experience with database querying languages such as SQL, NoSQL or similar
- Exposure to architectural design in order to facilitate client adoption of Bloomberg's Enterprise Solutions products and services
- Any exposure to languages using Shell, Perl and Python,.NET, Java, and C++
- Series 7/63 or related financial services certifications
If this sounds like you:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.