Enterprise Technology - Implementation Representative
Posted Nov 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 121416
Who we are:
In capital markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building strong and secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology (ETEC) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of the connection network which supports virtually all Bloomberg Enterprise products.
We are ambitious and set ourselves challenging goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. We foster a culture where you will work with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with and this is regarded as more important than titles or position.
Who are you?
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about technology, offering excellent service and empowered by a collaborative spirit. You work fast and hard, understand urgency in financial trading markets. You are naturally curious, a strong problem solver and don't shy away from taking on new challenges and flourish with change. You love being a great teammate, challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
What’s The Role?
The Technical Implementation team establishes and certifies connections between our clients and Bloomberg's world-class applications. The team works closely with clients to have setups implemented in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet production timelines and be regulatory compliant. Our team supports many business lines across Bloomberg and deals with many different technologies and protocols. Typical client engagements can include the use of real-time FIX messaging as well as MQ, TCP/IP, SFTP, and Web APIs. The team will manage these onboarding projects and help in certifying clients against the ever-evolving workflows across a variety of technical protocols.
The team work with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, ATS venues, and more. We also ensure optimal performance through close internal collaboration with the Bloomberg Product team, Network Operations, and Engineering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be responsible for the implementations projects from inception to completion. This includes, but not limited to, building and certifying new trading workflows, providing custom solutions where applicable, configuring the relevant applications for these workflows and/or solutions, and completing post-production testing where applicable and handling launches
- Resolve implementation issues in a timely fashion through collaboration with various internal teams in order to ensure minimal downtime
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the features and capabilities of our suite of products through on the job learning and training in order to manage client queries quickly and efficiently
- Collaborate with internal partners such as the Product owners team to provide client feedback collated through the certification process
- Partner with Engineering and Product teams to craft and implement future system and Product improvements
- Improve processes, best practices, and enhance efficiency in onboarding setups and connections through proactively identifying gaps to deliver improved client experience
- Be able to multi-task and balance multiple projects simultaneously with different priorities
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and adaptability to rapid changes
- Prior experience in similar electronic trading implementations and/or support roles, preferably gained in a brokerage or an OMS software provider
- Solid grasp of Fixed income and/or FX and/or Equities trading workflows
- Ability to work independently and build successful relationships with external customers
- Excellent project management skills, a market recognised qualification is desired however not crucial
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, work with urgency, multi-task, and optimally prioritise work within a dynamic changing environment
- Solid knowledge of FIX protocol
- Familiarity with networks and connectivity troubleshooting (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP)
- Experience with one or more of the following: XML, JSON, SWIFT, MQ, SFTP, WEB API
- Exposure to programming / scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, and/or Python
- Unix & Linux skills
- Experience with SQL (structured and un-structured data sets)
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies e.g. AWS, Azure
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org