Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial news organizations in the world, leading the way in delivering scoops about mergers and acquisitions. Our global equities team covers the regional equity markets, as well as breaks news on individual equities and market events.
You're tenacious and passionate about developing sources and breaking news, while also demonstrating a knack for telling compelling stories that will interest Bloomberg's global audience. You will join our equities team in London to own the coverage on UK equities. You'll also help cover breaking news.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and write enterprise stories
- Produce timely and clearly written stock movers that explain to our clients why shares are on the move and include smart input from traders or investors
- Write sector wraps of a particular industry
- Produce interviews with investors and executives that keep our clients glued to the Terminal and identify industry/economic trends
- Develop a broad array of sources
- Be a team player
- Write for a range of platforms
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree
- Experience in financial news and business reporting and a strong interest in both
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Skills to generate tips and cultivate sources
- Solid news judgment
- A sense of humour
If this sounds like you:
- Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/europe.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.