Equity Corporate Actions Data Team Leader
Posted Feb 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 114199
Bloomberg runs on data. In Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. In the Equity Corporate Actions team, we move markets by providing our clients with timely and accurate information on all corporate actions that make up the life cycle of a company such as equity offerings, listings, stock splits, and dividend payments just to name a few.
Here’s where your team's industry expertise comes into play. Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers or processing complex financial data – your team's work will help ensure the consistency and quality of company portfolios at an industry level.
The Equity Corporate Actions Data team is looking for an EMEA Team Leader to manage and develop a hard-working team of Corporate Actions analysts with specific focus on M&A and IPO. Your role is key in ensuring consistency of standards and collaborating with others to oversee the delivery of accurate and timely financial data while continually seeking new ways to operate more efficiently.
In this role, you will be expected to drive the development of Data products and process re-engineering by applying technology, resource management, and business planning. This position requires extensive collaboration global colleagues across all business units including Business Managers, News, Bloomberg Intelligence, Sales & Analytics, and Engineering.
We'll trust you to:
- Recruit, coach, and develop a team of Corporate Actions analysts who will be industry experts in their product demonstrated through processing time-sensitive, high-quality financial data, data analysis, and project management
- Set strategy and manage the product’s technology development roadmap
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions
- Create processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level customer service goes above and beyond
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Manage and mentor team on large and complex data projects and business initiatives
- Set a strategy to recruit, retain, and develop top talent within your team and global counterparts
You'll need to have:
- Proven leadership experience within your previous or current role
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing superior service to Business and other internal/external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Strong understanding of the multifaceted impact of financial data
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of your team and clients’ needs
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
- Expert-level knowledge of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Track record of driving strategies, managing complex projects, and leadership ability in change management or influencing others
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.