Equity Corporate Actions Senior Data Specialist
Posted Apr 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 102492
Bloomberg runs on data and Data drives the markets. The Data team is responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in ingesting and analysing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include supervising industry events and completing a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Function as a subject-matter-expert internally and externally by consulting others on the domain in company events in EMEA market
- Monitor and interpret major company equity capital market themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients (exchanges, bookrunners, managers, legal firms)
- Run operational activities, perform quality control and testing to ensure a timely updated, accurate and complete corporate actions database.
- Lead projects to optimize processes and/or improve our data products throughout the full ETL process
- Support Sales and represent Bloomberg by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products
You’ll need to have:
- Work experience in operational roles, working with and/or managing 3rd party data providers
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with multiple stakeholder groups
- Interest in and aptitude for technology and data
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to collaborate to improve processes and workflows.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
We’d Love to See:
- Equity capital markets knowledge
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com