Equity Product Developer - Multi-Asset Product Development - Index
Posted Jul 18, 2023 - Requisition No. 117680
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Bloomberg indices are used as the basis of investment products and for bench-marking portfolio performance. The Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media enable the global investment community to interact with Bloomberg indices.
What’s the Role?
You'll be joining a fast growing and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Enterprise Data division. You will be focusing on the design, creation and launch of equity indices with the goal of growing Bloomberg’s multi-asset and strategy index families focused across investment different investment strategies and themes. You would work closely with Sales, Research, Production, Marketing, PR teams, and participate in client meetings globally. You’ll help develop new Bloomberg terminal analytics that will transform the index industry.
Regarding domain expertise, you’ll have deep knowledge of index construction, the index industry and the asset management industry. You will most probably have acquired this knowledge whilst working in an index structuring team at an investment bank, asset manager or index provider.
You’ll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. You’ll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a talent in extracting relevant intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll also have great interpersonal skills. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and passion; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver. This is a role with very high visibility within the organization and the investment community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop index methodologies across asset classes focused on systematic strategies, factors, optimization and other complex methodological development
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Communicate product vision and build consensus among senior leadership team
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-based solutions
You’ll need to have:
- Deep knowledge core financial metrics and investment thesis that can be applied to investable product benchmarks
- Deep understanding of day-to-day governance determinations on index events
- Hands-on product experience from an index background
- Proven track record in developing global equity cash and volatility strategies and benchmark
- Ability to develop detailed, coordinated, commercially sound product plans
- Excellent analytical capabilities and be comfortable working with large data sets
- Sophisticated Analytic programming experience in Python and ideally R or other languages
- Understanding of investment process, portfolio theory, option theory, and financial markets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
- Excellent industry relationships
- 7+ years of index industry experienced *
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics
Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com