European Competition Counsel – London
Posted Oct 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 96549
European Competition Counsel – London
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that arise across the Company’s various businesses. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. Diversity and inclusion are essential to our success, and we strive to maintain an environment where our employees are empowered to make an impact. We also recognize the value and importance of giving back to our communities, as evidenced by our award-winning in-house pro bono program.
The Global Antitrust and Competition team provides legal advice for all of Bloomberg's businesses globally, including Bloomberg's entities and licensed and non-licensed products and services. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., UK Multilateral Trading Facility, Dutch Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a US Broker-Dealer, and other regulated offerings globally.
You would be a member of the Global Antitrust and Competition Team, based in London. This is a great opportunity for you to join the team, responsible for advising on a wide range of competition-related legal issues. These issues may relate to any of our dynamic businesses, including financial data and other information, research, analytics, electronic trading systems for securities and derivatives across all asset classes in multiple jurisdictions, information security and enterprise risk.
In this role you will be a member of the Legal team with substantive Competition law responsibilities and also will work with the Compliance team to partner on process and control reviews and the monitoring of materials consistent with existing Antitrust guidelines. You will liaise regularly with senior business people, other legal counsel, our Negotiations and Compliance teams, and other support functions.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop an advanced understanding of the Company’s Competition risks and a basic understanding of UK/EU Financial Regulation that will be relevant to Competition issues
- Keep apprised of changes to the regulatory and legal enforcement environment that are relevant to Competition risks.
- Identify potential issues and work with internal and external counsel to ensure appropriate approach to assessing and mitigating potential risks across our global businesses
- Assist with inquiries from and consultations by Competition Law agencies
- Assist with compliance efforts, including coordination and training, monitoring of documents in relation to antitrust guidelines etc.
- Develop and lead training and awareness efforts, both live and digital
- Assist with identifying enhancement to ongoing compliance efforts, whether through routine issue identification or otherwise. Work to advise/implement such control improvements.
You’ll need to have:
- At least one full year experience practicing as Competition lawyer at a top firm
- A keen interest in growing competition law expertise
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a lively, diverse, collaborative, open-plan environment
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with European financial regulatory landscape
- Familiarity with internal control frameworks
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.