European Consumer Reporter
Posted May 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 103337
Most of us love to shop. Want to write about what we're buying? Bloomberg is looking for a reporter to cover the U.K. and European consumer products industry.
In this London-based role, you'll break news on the giant companies behind the brands we all know and use every day -- from food to drinks to personal care -- while chronicling fast-changing consumer trends.
It's an industry in the throes of change as shoppers seek out new, healthier, organic or plant-based alternatives to the food they used to fill their carts with. Companies like Unilever that are burnishing their ESG credentials are caught up in a backlash from investors seeking returns. You'll have to be fast to keep up; the reward is a high-profile beat with plenty of great stories to cover.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news that's market moving
- Write longer-form stories that are informative, investigative and a delight to read
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with other news teams and editors
- Think creatively about stories for non-traditional coverage formats
You'll need to have:
- Knowledge of or interest in the food, beverage and consumer goods industries
- A hunger for scoops
- First-rate writing skills
- Grace under deadline pressure and openness to feedback
- Experience in cross-team collaboration
- A record of creativity and innovation
Does this sound like you? Apply!
If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org