European Technology Reporter - London
Posted Jul 2, 2019 - Requisition No. 75907
It's not all about Silicon Valley and China's tech giants. Europe is home to some of the most gripping technology stories, be it emerging regional champions, crippling cybersecurity breaches, or local regulators holding big tech to account. Bloomberg's Global Technology group is looking for an aggressive and agile reporter to break news, provide trenchant analysis, generate original ideas, and craft a well-told story.
Who we're looking for:
You are a versatile reporter and writer with an eye for detail and the makings of a memorable narrative. Your beat will span startups and the venture firms that fund them, to the clash between emerging companies and the incumbents they threaten. You will also help chronicle efforts by European regulators to protect consumers and foster competition by reining in the world's most powerful technology providers.
You will also collaborate with other Bloomberg teams as varied as health care and transportation, and with colleagues from Seoul to San Francisco -- to land scoops and compose features that lend colour and context.
We’ll trust you to:
- Generate a wealth of story ideas
- Break news and follow with carefully crafted narratives
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Build and develop deep sourcing in the industry
- Prepare content for Bloomberg’s diverse media, from podcasts to newsletters
- Work collaboratively with the bureau and teams across the company
You need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous journalism experience
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and to deadline
- Proficiency in one or more EU languages in addition to English is a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.