Event Manager - London
Posted May 16, 2019 - Requisition No. 75152
Bloomberg’s Marketing department is searching for an experienced Events Manager to execute events for Bloomberg. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You're the type of person who has a passion for people and events planning. More so, should you enjoy dealing with people and be someone who knows what customer service really means, we would love to have that initial conversation with you. In this position, you will be part of the team, responsible for the development, planning, management and execution of Bloomberg Company, Brand and Philanthropy events across EMEA.
We'll trust you to:
- Plan and execute event programmes for the Bloomberg events portfolio.
- Demonstrates expertise in event production, vendor negotiation, event contract procedures, logistics, and audience management
- Executes a wide range of large-scale complex and some small scale proprietary, hosted and third party events including, but not limited to Multi-day, multi-track conferences and summits, roadshows, panels, receptions, tradeshows, etc.
- Ensures successful format development and implementation of third party and proprietary programs that drive business results
- Leads Marketing and client relationship as it relates to specific event.
- Relationship Management through providing strategy guidance by demonstrating overall program strategy insights, best practices and tools
- Integrates event activity with other sales/marketing/ product team priorities to drive consistent brand messaging / integrity across campaign structure
- Works with Marketing and business units to create event opportunities that drive the business forward
- Infuses customized, creative, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for events
- Develops functional relationships with a variety of internal and external partners including marketing and/or clients as it relates to specific events
- Collaborates directly with Bloomberg internal teams such as Creative Agency, Security, Facilities, Marketing, Catering, and A/V to coordinate onsite events
- Ensures compliance to budget, expenses, and reconciliations on a per event basis
- Domestic and international travel will be required
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years proven post-graduate experience event planning within a Global company environment, agency or non-profit organisation.
- Experience of utilising technology, digital and social media tactics into Events.
- Moderate to Advanced skill-level with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Accomplished industry professional with excellent knowledge and thorough comprehension of event logistics and management of events
- Ability to suggest & enhance functionality on event management / tracking systems
- Must have a strong understanding of social media networks
- Media and financial industry interest and understanding a plus
- Ability to work independently & flexibly (travel and extended hours) under tight deadlines
- Track record of success in working in and influencing a fast-paced, fast-growing global organization
What will make you successful in that role?
- Be extremely organized and enjoy juggling multiple projects
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills, able to talk to different audiences and understand their needs
- Run project timelines and deliverables with internal partners. Work with project managers to prioritize multiple/overlapping projects as needed
- Support media priorities and build plans to integrate media products into events
- Understand and become an advocate for the Bloomberg brand and Bloomberg Media events business, ensuring that the events and marketing activities support and align with the business’ goals
- Establish and grow relationships with the Financial Products team, collaborating on ways to provide support for the Terminal business and integrate the Terminal into our events
- Demonstrates a high degree of poise, patience, and flexibility
- High energy, problem solving, self-starter, results oriented, dedicated individual with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively lead and influence internal/external partners towards intended and successful results
- Able to work successfully and efficiently with minimal supervision, yet seeks and takes direction appropriately
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions consistent with business needs
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and is extremely effective working in a team environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to further expanding knowledge base
- Possesses knowledge of the Firm's different businesses and how their particular area or function fits into the "big picture"
- Puts the needs of the client/customer first and puts Firm's interests ahead of his or her self-interest
- Actively addresses issues/conflicts by offering solutions and escalating as needed
- Possesses a track record of consistently conducting himself/herself in an ethical and exemplary manner and with the highest degree of integrity
If this sounds like you:
- Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
- Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com