Bloomberg’s Marketing department is searching for an Events Marketing Manager to develop marketing programs for Bloomberg’s event business, Bloomberg Live. This role will oversee the creative development and execution of marketing activities for Bloomberg Live events, working with our in-house agency to develop creative solutions and marketing materials, plan and execute Bloomberg LIVE event programmes.
In this role you will partner across teams, working with editorial, sales and sponsorship, audience recruitment, and event production team members, to promote and execute events of various scale and size. You’ll build relationships across divisions to manage project timelines, build marketing collateral, and support the business’ revenue goals. You will also work with your colleagues in the marketing department to support Media and Financial Products through various channels and integrating them into event programs.
We need someone who:
- Is highly collaborative and loves to work closely with creative people
- Can think on their feet, is highly adaptable, and welcomes change as an exciting and inevitable part of the process (more than a hindrance to execution)
- Is extremely organized and enjoys juggling multiple projects
- Infuses customized, creative, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for event
- Exhibits strong communication skills, able to talk to different audiences and understand their needs
- Understands the importance of starting small, proving an idea, and then building on that success to scale programs
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage creative process from developing and presenting briefs, setting scope of work and priorities, providing feedback on creative, securing approvals, and overseeing final production
- Demonstrates expertise in event production, vendor negotiation, event contract procedures, logistics, and audience management
- Has a proven track record of executing a wide range of small-scale and more complex proprietary, hosted and third party events including, but not limited to training, panels, receptions, tradeshows, conferences, etc.
- Be responsible for managing relationship with internal clients through effective communication, responding to sales and editorial requests, and proposing creative solutions to solve issues
- Manage project timelines and deliverables with internal partners. Work with project managers to prioritize multiple/overlapping projects as needed
- Develop marketing materials and assist in the creation of event templates to optimize efficiency and provide brand consistency
- Manage email campaign calendar, help fulfil email and evite requests, maintain event websites, and execute other tactics across all platforms (TV, social media, radio, print, web) to promote the events and the content coming out of the events
- Support media priorities and build plans to integrate media products into events
Understand and become an advocate for the Bloomberg brand and Bloomberg Live events business, ensuring that the marketing activities support and align with the business’ goals
- Provide global guidance to colleagues in EMEA and APAC planning and executing Bloomberg LIVE events in the regions
- Establish and grow relationships with the Financial Products team, collaborating on ways to provide support for the Terminal business and integrate the Terminal into our events
You need to have
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Solid experience event/experiential planning within a Global company environment, agency or media/news organization.
- Experience of utilising technology, digital and social media tactics into Events.
- Extensive experience managing creative development
- Strong understanding of event marketing and production
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed, dynamic environment; able to think strategically quickly, judge when you can act autonomously and when you seek input
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management/organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Demonstrates ability to sell work and ideas, while also responding flexibly and positively to feedback
- Master multi-tasker able to manage across multiple complex projects with many stakeholders simultaneously against deadlines
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Wordpress
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.