Event Systems Specialist, Workflow & Insights
Posted May 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 116381
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize opportunities and create impactful, innovative solutions! We deliver integrated multi-disciplinary programs that gain attention and drive reactions. We use our wealth of data on the markets and our target audiences to inform decisions linked to measurable results.
The Global Events Team is part of Marketing and looks at the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner across Marketing and with our internal colleagues globally to build events that provide our attendees with an enriched and integrated Bloomberg experience. The power of our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time to achieve the strongest outcomes!
Working across dozens of business groups, the Global Events Team implements 2,500+ events per year, and we handle a substantial amount of data related to each event. To enhance the accuracy and improve the management of this data, Bloomberg is looking for a workflow specialist with a background in data analytics and business intelligence to lead the data collection and workflow consistency across our events portfolio. In this position, you will focus on two key areas of event operations:
1) Data collection, management and analysis
In this role, you will be using existing technologies and systems to create reports from event data. Additionally, you will be tasked with reviewing the technology and systems used to collect and manage event data, ensuring the accuracy and overall integrity of the various data points. The Workflow Specialist will use the event data collected to provide strategic recommendations to proactively implement workflow and systems enhancements to ensure data is maximised as effectively as possible across the organization. This role will work closely with various teams within Marketing (Operations, Events, Marketing Management, Studio) as well as multi-functional teams (Engineering, Business Intelligence, Workplace Operations, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Corporate Philanthropy) to ensure our data tells the full, accurate story.
2) Event technology functionality and alignment to systems workflows
You will be performing regular quality assurance tasks across our event portfolio to ensure alignment with systems workflows, standard processes, technical requirements and data integrity. This role will be considered the last line of defence to ensure the best possible user experience for our event attendees, speakers and business partners. Additionally, you will work on the execution of integration, system and regression testing across the Bloomberg’s event technology stack, including integrations specific to the Bloomberg Terminal. You will implement a monthly review process that uses our event data to show that the data is accurate and collected as expected.
Working with the Global Head of Event Product and Technology, this role will support marketing initiatives and events across all of Bloomberg’s business verticals and will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of Bloomberg’s event marketing integrations!
We will trust you to:
- Examine large event data sets across various warehouses and tools to ensure data accuracy and alignment with user input requirements
- Leverage internal tools to build standard and ad hoc reports that accurately reflect the events portfolio
- Partner with internal teams (Marketing Operations, Event Systems) to perform regression testing and debug reports when irregularities arise.
- Serve as an authority in the end-to-end workflow of events, focusing on the tools, systems and workflows used across various Marketing and non-Marketing user groups
- Influence the development of data collection, management and analysis workflows across event systems to ensure we are collecting the right data as efficiently as possible
- Align with the Event Systems Product team to ensure that feature developments align with data collection requirements, account for the necessary warehouse integrations and provide testing ahead of release
- Work closely with the regional Digital Event Technicians to review event-specific technology settings and resolve errors before they negatively impact the attendee experience
- Lead the Event Systems Data Integrity project, a monthly review of all event systems data to ensure each Digital Event Technician and Event Manager achieves a certain level of accuracy
- Work with the event technology team to understand global event requirements to produce test plans, and/or procedures to determine event quality and readiness
- Document platform and integration issues and assist in the development of concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while testing
- Work with the Global Events Team and our partners to identify any recurring issues and inform product improvements
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of practical work experience in business analysis, data analytics, and/or data management with a track record of using data to uncover insights that drive action
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (Qliksense, Tableau, Looker, Periscope, etc) and data management tools (SQL, Excel Pivot Tables, etc) Knowledge of events and marketing data workflows, direct experience in event data management and integrity a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly, confidently and persuasively (both technical and non-technical) to provide topline, best-in-class support services.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done
- Ability to learn quickly and operate autonomously in a large and fast-paced environment Capacity to lead multiple projects and requests at the same time, adjusting quickly as priorities shift
- Travel not required for this position
What’s it like to work here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org