Events Project Manager - London
Posted Jul 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 92085
Bloomberg Marketing: - Global BNEF Summit Events Project Manager (12 Month Contract)
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You're the type of person who has a passion for people and events planning. More so, should you enjoy dealing with people and be someone who knows what customer service really means, we would love to have that initial conversation with you.
Based within the Global Events Team (GET) but working closely with the key business stakeholder, BloombergNEF to depth of execution expertise and continuity of attendee experience across the 6 Summit global event series (London, Munich, New York, San Francisco, New Delhi and Shanghai).
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Best practice and continuous learning: working closely with each regional Event Production leads to identify, develop and propagate best practice and learnings. Join and actively contribute to weekly event specific team calls
- Global partner lead: Oversight (and management) of the global partners and sponsors for the BNEF Global Summit series, including but not limited to: Project managing all production execution elements included on Partner letter of benefits (all communication between Partner, briefing documents, technical tests, roundtable creation, etc), post-event debriefing, follow-ups and reporting. Lead internal coordination with Partner execution and BNEF team
- Speaker liaison and project manager for all confirmed speakers (internal and external) for the BNEF Summit Global Series. Active lead on the booking and scheduling of VVIPs for selected Summits. Join and contribute to weekly speaker/agenda coordination calls, manage BNEF Summit website – updating the agenda, speakers & sponsors on a regular/as confirmed basis
- Production: Creation of Master slide deck for BNEF Summit events – working with the Summit anchor and production team to ensure proper event flow
- Support and lead on the improvement of all event processes. Be a central part of the Summit team.
- Demonstrates expertise in event production, vendor negotiation, event contract procedures, logistics, and audience management
- Provides event-level strategy guidance by leveraging program strategy insights, best practices and tools
- Integrates event activity with other sales/marketing/ product team priorities to drive consistent brand messaging / integrity across campaign structure
- Works with Marketing and business units to create event opportunities that drive the business forward
- Infuses customized, creative, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for events
- Develops functional relationships with Marketing and/or clients as it relates to specific events
- Ensures compliance to budget, expenses, and reconciliations on a per event basis
- Domestic and international travel will be required
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate experience event/experiential planning within a Global company environment, agency or media/news/financial organization including experience working with different cultures.
- Experience of utilising technology, digital and social media tactics into Events.
- Moderate skill-level with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) Google Docs. Vimeo and Flickr a plus.
- Accomplished industry professional with excellent knowledge and thorough comprehension of event logistics and management of events
- Ability to suggest & enhance functionality on event management / tracking systems
- Interest and understanding of the low carbon transition and/or related issues a plus
- Strong understanding of social media networks a plus
- Ability to work independently & flexibly (travel and extended hours) under tight deadlines
Successful applicants will possess a strong combination of these:
- Track record of success in working in and influencing a fast-paced, fast-growing global organization
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate ideas in a professional and articulate manner
- Demonstrates a high degree of poise, patience, and flexibility
- High energy, problem solving, self-starter, results oriented, proactive individual with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively lead and influence internal/external partners towards intended and successful results
- Able to work successfully and efficiently with minimal supervision, yet seeks and takes direction appropriately
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions consistent with business needs
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills and is extremely effective working in a team environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to further expanding knowledge base
- Possesses knowledge of the Firm's different businesses and how their particular area or function fits into the "big picture"
- Puts the needs of the client/customer first and puts Firm's interests ahead of his or her self-interest
- Actively addresses issues/conflicts by offering solutions and escalating as needed
- Possesses a track record of consistently conducting himself/herself in an ethical and exemplary manner and with the highest degree of integrity
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.