Exchanges – Technical Project Manager
Posted May 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 74897
You're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems.
Bloomberg's Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is seeking a Market Data Project Manager to join our team in the London office. For this role, we are looking for a unique professional who has a mixture of strong analytical, project management, and technology skills and an ability to bring an entrepreneurial vision to our Exchanges team. The Exchanges team supports over 350 trading venues globally and is continuously looking to enhance our technical capabilities to effectively manage our market leading exchange content.
Market Data Project Managers are responsible for formulating and delivering end-to-end technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. They understand how market data is used by various Bloomberg products and customers and can collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to implement enterprise wide initiatives. They are highly analytical individuals who can innovate and deliver in a dynamic and rapidly changing, technical environment.
We'll trust you to:
Leverage your experience in the financial industry and understanding of market data and technology to develop strategies to influence and direct the future direction of Bloomberg's exchange infrastructure. You'll not only excel in managing day-to-day projects but you'll also keep an eye on the big picture and won't be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be. You'll periodically review the alignment of our technology with the business strategy and drive initiatives to constantly raise the bar of our capabilities to acquire and manage exchange content.
How you will make an impact:
- Champion projects aimed to transform Bloomberg's technical and business capabilities to manage exchange services
- Create and manage the plans for moving technical solutions to production
- Leverage your strong analytic abilities to devise innovative market data technology solutions to influence the future direction of Bloomberg's infrastructure
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand their business needs; build consensus and strategies to deliver on those needs
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
- Effectively communicate progress and success to stakeholders in compelling, creative, and accessible ways
- Develop and deliver reports & requirements documentation
- Building a rapport with programmers - keeping them focused and projects moving
You'll need to have:
- Expertise with how market data is used by different Bloomberg products and customers
- 7+ years of industry experience, with a passion for managing projects involving new technology
- Experience managing financial technology projects involving teams of Engineers
- A desire to increase knowledge of software, network architecture and low latency parsers and systems
- Proficiency with one or more web development languages, such as Ruby or Python
- Ability to discuss deep technical concepts, evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with engineers
- Understanding of financial markets and the exchange market data industry
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Experience leading cross-organizational teams and ability to work closely with engineers to deliver on aggressive schedules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving aptitude
We'd love to see:
- Demonstrated interest in programming
- ETL experience
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies
- Innovative mind-set
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.