FX EMS Product Manager
Posted Mar 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 107997
Bloomberg Execution Management System (EMS) is used by trading desks to manage their daily trading activities in Fixed Income, Equities, FX, Derivatives and Futures. Our EMS presents traders with the tools to view orders staged from an OMS, monitor live market data, run analytics, route orders to the market, receive fill information and initiate post-trade services to facilitate straight-through-processing. Coupled with pre-trade decision-making tools, TCA, alerting, integrated compliance rules and post trade services, Bloomberg EMS provides traders with a powerful end-to-end solution.
What’s the role?
As a member of the Bloomberg EMS product management team, you'll be responsible for helping to execute against and craft the product strategy, with a specific focus in FX and Equities. The delivery of product improvements must drive new adoption of our systems to new and existing users in order to position our products as the central trading hub. The business looks at critical workflows, which include the staging of orders into our EMS, the provision of information discovery to a trader to improve their trading experience, the enrichment of execution styles/workflows available to the trader and the processing of transactions once a trade is complete.
You will be responsible for setting the short and long term strategy in normalizing all front and back end services to accommodate FX and Equities into common EMS services to not only standardize and streamline trader experience but also increase engineering efficiency and scalability of services. You will work closely with engineering and many other business teams to integrate analytical tools, connectivity, trade automation, etc. into the EMS.
You will be encouraged to come up with ideas from inception, project manage the product build and deployment, serve as a trainer-of-trainers and generate resources that others can use to effectively deploy/sell/upsell our EMS product. In your interactions with engineering, you will motivate staff to improve productivity/pride-in-product and contribute to a climate of esprit de corps.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with market players to generate ideas for improving our EMS system
- Generate business requirements specifications that will be used by software engineers to develop a scalable product to achieve our EMS strategic objectives
- Coordinate across Bloomberg with product, engineering, QA, OPS teams as necessary to achieve on target delivery of product
- Interact with clients to validate demand, verify the accuracy of the planned workflow, promote adoption of the completed product and provide training tools/documentation to drive successful use
- Drive accountability with sales resources to ensure that the initial product demand is matched with product adoption
- Ensure user growth targets are met or exceeded as a measure of personal and departmental success
You’ll need to have:
- 15+ years of market expertise
- In-depth understanding of Foreign Exchange and Equity markets.
- Solid project management, product development or specialist sales experience in Financial Services/Technology with a specialty in FX and Equities
- In-depth understanding of buy-side workflows including the relationship between an order management system (OMS) and an execution management system (EMS); demonstrable knowledge of trading workflows
- Business understanding of the use of application programming interfaces/standards, combined with understanding of financial lingo/terminology/definitions of FX and Equities instruments
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to connect multiple threads of work
We’d love to see:
- Strong interpersonal skills; somebody everyone would enjoy working alongside; somebody who inspires others to want to do a better job
- Additional knowledge in Fixed Income and Derivatives would be helpful.
- Examples where you have been flexible and adapted to changing/evolving objectives or have risen to the challenge to meet compressed delivery cycles
- Understanding and experience using Agile to drive organizational development and change
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org