FX Market Specialist
Posted Jun 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 104187
The Market Specialist team serves as the financial markets & workflow experts at Bloomberg. On any given day as a Market Specialist, you will be collaborating with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our product. By championing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of our company!
Comprised of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, our team of market specialists serve as the de facto market and asset class authorities. Our team not only heightens our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We will trust you to:
- Apply your Bloomberg experience, detailed knowledge of FX functions and industry trends, demonstrated technical skills to assist in generating revenue for our terminal business and suite of Enterprise solutions
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face, and how then can or could use our products and technology to solve them
- Develop an in depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this affects both internal and external customers
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product in the FX space through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients
- Establish your own roadmap of initiatives that align with product, sales, and company goals. Maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- Good experience in pushing Bloomberg FX solutions, and good understanding of FX markets, spot, forwards and derivatives.
- Good understanding of FX Volatility indicators and FX Algo Trading models.
- Good understanding of Bank Treasury and Corporate Treasury missions and workflows.
- Practical experience using the terminal, or similar product, and applicable asset class functionality
- The business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions so as to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- A reciprocal and commercial mind-set, along with ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles
- A willingness to travel across Europe as required in order to provide clients with a premier service
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills in English
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in German, French, Spanish or Italian would be an advantage
- Trading experience in FX Markets
- An interest and knowledge in Crypto Currencies
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Demonstrated sales ability, experience in managing business relationships with customers
- Experience working cross functionally with several departments
- Good knowledge of FX Regulations and Electronic Trading
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org