Facilities Operations Manager - Bloomberg European Headquarters
Posted Feb 9, 2018 - Requisition No. 65140
We are seeking an experienced Facilities Operations Manager to join our London Facilities team in our new London European Headquarters, home for around 4000 of our employees.
Bloomberg prides itself in providing an extraordinary product, that extends through every facet of our business : Our new London HQ exemplifies this - Not only by being a fantastic addition to the architectural London landscape and providing innovative workspaces but also by being rated world’s most sustainable office building by BREEAM
It features a number of environmental strategies, innovative power, lighting, water and ventilation systems... many of its solutions are first-of-a-kind.
The Bloomberg building also comprises retail units as well as the London Mithraeum, a roman temple which provides an immersive experience to Roman London for our visitors.
What's the role?
You will use your extensive experience to review the operations of the building and play a key role in shaping the team and the services needed to optimize the facilities function. Bloomberg provides a unique level of service and the work environment and service we provide to our employees is no different. The Facilities building operations team need to be flexible and responsive to ensure the experience for employees and guests is not compromised. You will manage our vendor portfolio and ensure services levels and standards are met.
We'll trust you to:
- Operate effectively in a hands-on role as well as being a strategic, big-picture leader
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity: Be a strategic and analytical thinker
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritise and shift priorities quickly
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
- Build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with upper management
- Plan projects with realistic goals, resources, actions and dates.
- Delegate tasks to project teams and coach them to achieve project landmarks,
- Anticipate and communicate potential project management risks and raises to management
- Be flexible around working hours (weekends etc..)
You'll need to have:
- Solid experience is managing large and complex estate with retail units
- Proven ability to manage matrix resources in a global organization / large building
- Track record in presenting findings to C-suite executives and other senior management
- Extraordinary customer service skills and ability to develop and maintain solid client relationships
- Exceptional vendor management experience
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Concrete knowledge of building regulations and compliance
We'd love to see:
Exposure to building transition projects
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.