Facilities Operations Manager - Bloomberg European Headquarters
Posted Nov 11, 2020 - Requisition No. 87100
We are seeking an experienced Facilities Operations Manager to join our London Facilities team in our new London European Headquarters, home for around 4,000 of our employees.
Bloomberg prides itself in providing an outstanding product that extends through every facet of our business: Our new London HQ exemplifies this. Not only by being a fantastic addition to the architectural London landscape and providing innovative workspaces, but also by being rated by BREEAM as the world’s most sustainable office building.
Crafted to utilise waste products, respond to the building’s external environment and adapt to its occupancy patterns, it features a number of environmental strategies, innovative power, lighting, water and ventilation systems... many of its solutions are first-of-a-kind.
The Bloomberg building also comprises public facing restaurants, retail units and the London Mithraeum, a roman temple which provides an immersive experience to Roman London for our visitors.
What's the role?
You will use your extensive experience to develop the facilities operations of the building and play a key role in crafting the team and the services needed to optimize our workplace experience. Bloomberg prides itself on providing extraordinary and outstanding level of service to its clients, and the work environment we provide to our employees is no different. The Facilities Building Operations team needs to be flexible and responsive to ensure the experience for employees and guests is never compromised and is second to none. You will lead our vendor portfolio and ensure service levels and standards are met.
We'll trust you to:
- Operate effectively in a hands-on role as well as being a strategic, big-picture leader across vendor and in-house teams;
- Build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with upper management;
- Balance multiple projects simultaneously, prioritise and shift priorities quickly;
- Responsible for management of the fabric maintenance and soft services, establishing proactive planned Maintenance programmes, as well delivery of repair and maintenance projects;
- Delegate tasks to project teams and mentor them to achieve project landmarks;
- Anticipate and communicate potential project management risks and raises to management.
You'll need to have:
- A degree level qualification, or equivalent proven experience, relevant to the fields of Property or Facilities Management, with a focus specifically on Building Fabric;
- Vendor management capabilities including procurement of services such as building maintenance and large scale cleaning services across the Real Estate sector;
- Contract management skills and the ability to form professional, collaborative relationships with externally sourced suppliers;
- Ability to drive change and improvement through leverage of extensive vendor relationships;
- Proven capabilities in large scale housekeeping operations, with a true passion for supporting outstanding client experiences through delivery of the highest standards of cleanliness. -Knowledge and application of planned maintenance schedules, including SFG20 and CAFM systems;
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to develop and maintain solid stakeholder relationships;
- Budget and forecast management experience;
- Concrete knowledge of building regulations and compliance.
We'd love to see:
- Relevant accreditation applicable in the real estate sector;
- Exposure to building transition projects;
- Experience in supporting sub-tenant retailers;
- Ability in directing the development and implementation of integrated PPM programmes;
- Passion for environmental sustainability and application within property management.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.