Finance Editor - London
Posted Jun 25, 2018 - Requisition No. 67807
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organisations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features.
You will work with a very talented team of reporters and editors covering news about the finance industry. As one of the world's largest hubs for financial services, you will play a key role in shaping the coverage of stories from the City of London, delivering coverage that explain the significance of news and offers a broader perspective. You will play a big part in helping us deliver exclusives and breaking news to our readers in sharp, succinct and slick packages.
With years of editing experience (preferably in finance), you will set a standard for fast and accurate coverage, and be a great teammate who collaborates well with colleagues globally.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate and craft content, both short and long-form, that demonstrates a strong story-telling ability and understanding of what our readers are interested in
- Edit and write copy for accuracy and insight; and be adept at utilising multiple formats including graphics
- Collaborate with editors from Europe and the U.S. to help move copy quickly
- Propose and shape longer terms stories that explain events in finance sector to a global audience
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of financial markets and the ability to understand the market impact of news developments. Experience in previous reporting or editing in banking is a plus
- An expertise in storytelling in a manner which appeals to all our readers
- Thorough fact checking skills
- A positive can-do attitude
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.