Posted Aug 25, 2021 - Requisition No. 93607
Bloomberg News is looking for an experienced editor to bring out the best in our coverage of the fund managers, real estate moguls and bankers who are shaping finance in London and beyond.
The investors and financiers are grappling with accelerating change across every market, molded by the fallout from the pandemic, the pressures of ESG, and the forces of geopolitics. All while they weigh how Brexit will reshape London and their own operations.
The successful candidate will work with our team of talented reporters to break news and shape our longer features and investigations. You will help guide coverage and set the agenda on ambitious enterprise and breaking stories.
You'll be decisive with strong news instincts, and thrive in a fast-paced newsroom. With years of editing experience, you will set a standard for fast and accurate coverage, and be a great teammate who collaborates well with colleagues globally.
We'll trust you to:
- React quickly to unexpected stories and help break news
- Ensure stories and headlines are tightly written, well edited and delivered quickly
- Collaborate with other teams on enterprise coverage and draw out bigger themes
- Work across our platforms, including QuickTake, newsletters, radio and television
- Propose and shape enterprise stories that clearly translate complex financial ideas to a global audience
We'd love to see:
- A flair for storytelling
- Knowledge of finance and ability to understand the market impact of news developments
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Thorough fact-checking skills
- A positive can-do attitude
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.