Posted Oct 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 96966
Bloomberg News is looking for a reporter to help cover the U.K.'s finance industry. In a tumultuous post-Brexit landscape, this is a chance to chronicle the intersection of banks, regulation and politics across the City of London.
You’ll write about some of the industry's biggest companies, profiling the most colorful and important players in the sector and cover topics including the latest trading blowups, relations with the EU, diversity and the future of the office.
You'll also cover the City's attempts to remould itself as a global fintech center and a hub for green finance and ESG investing, along with the regulatory regimes rising up around these offerings.
You should be a strong writer who is comfortable moving quickly between breaking news, producing quick-turn pieces on the news cycle as well as longer-form enterprise and investigative features across a variety of platforms.
We're looking for a self-starter with an ability to build sources, pitch stories and tell them in a vivid and fresh way.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of three years reporting experience and experience of breaking news
- The ability to dissect complex ideas, reports and data sets and present them in a clear and readable manner
- Ideas for new and exciting angles to cover the industry
- Sound news judgement and a talent for looking beyond the obvious story
- A willingness to work well within a team and with others across the newsroom
- Multi-platform skills, and a strong visual sensibility
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.