Fixed Income EMS Product Manager
Posted Jan 7, 2020 - Requisition No. 80569
Bloomberg’s Execution Management Systems (EMS) are used by trading desks to manage their daily trading workflows in Fixed Income, Equities, FX, Derivatives, Options and Futures. Our EMS presents traders with the tools to view orders staged from an OMS, monitor available pricing, route to the market, receive fill information and initiate post-trade services to facilitate straight-through-processing. The pre-trade decision-making tools, Bloomberg analytics, alerting, compliance rules, trade automation and post trade services directly integrated and presented in one place, make our EMS offering, the market leading solution.
What’s the role?
As a member of the Bloomberg Execution Management Services product management team, you'll be responsible for helping execute against and craft the product strategy, with a specific focus in Fixed Income. This role should drive the business to position our EMS as the central hub for all types of trading with integrated world class tools for execution optimization.
You will be responsible for setting the short and long term strategy in normalizing all front and back-end services to accommodate Fixed Income into common EMS services to not only standardize and streamline trader experience but also increase engineering efficiency and increase scalability of services across all asset classes.
In addition, you will be required to work closely with engineering, Sales and many other business teams to integrate with the rest of Bloomberg trading and Order Management Services.
You will be expected to come up with ideas from inception, project manage the build out and roll-out of the product, serve as a trainer-of-trainers and generate resources that others can use to effectively deploy/sell/upsell our EMS products. In your interactions with engineering, you will motivate staff to improve productivity/pride-in-product and contribute to a climate of esprit de corps.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with market players to generate ideas for improving our EMS system
- Generate business requirements specifications that will be used by software engineers to develop a superior product to achieve our EMS strategic objectives
- Coordinate across Bloomberg with Product/Engineering/Sales/QA/OPS teams as necessary to achieve on target delivery of product
- Interact with clients to validate demand, verify the accuracy of the planned workflow, promote adoption of the completed product and provide training tools/documentation to drive successful use
- Drive accountability with Sales resources to ensure that the initial product demand is matched with product adoption
- Ensure user/super-user growth targets are met or exceeded as a measure of personal and departmental success
You’ll need to have:
- +10 years of financial markets technology experience
- In-depth understanding of the Fixed Income and Derivatives market.
- Solid project management, product development or specialist sales experience in Financial Services/Technology with a specialty in Credit, Rates, Munis, Mortgages, Repo, IRS, CDS and the rest of FI instruments.
- In-depth understanding of buy-side workflows including the relationship between an order management system (OMS) and an execution management system (EMS); demonstrable knowledge of trading workflows
- Business understanding of the use of application programming interfaces/standards, combined with understanding of financial lingo/terminology/definitions of Fixed Income instruments
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to connect multiple threads of work
We’d love to see:
- Strong interpersonal skills; somebody everyone would enjoy working alongside; somebody who inspires others to want to do a better job
- Additional knowledge in Futures, Equities and FX would be helpful.
- Examples where you have been flexible and adapted to changing/evolving objectives or have risen to the challenge to meet compressed delivery cycles
- Strong communication skills and personal organizational processes
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 7th January 2020
Closing date: 29th February 2020
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits