Fixed Income Index Product Manager
Posted Jan 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 88299
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Bloomberg Fixed Income indices have been the market leading index provider for over 40yrs, and are used as the basis of investment products and for benchmarking portfolio performance. The Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media enable the global investment community to interact with Bloomberg indices.
What’s the Role?
You'll be joining an established and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Core Financial Product division. You will focus on the governance, construction, support and commercialization of Fixed Income indices, product positioning, and helping drive the commercial success of the business. You will work closely with Sales, Research, Production, Marketing, PR teams, and participate in our client meetings globally. You’ll help drive the integration of the Fixed income indices with Bloomberg terminal analytics that will create new opportunities across two market leading brands in the index industry.
Regarding domain expertise, you’ll have knowledge of fixed income, across both analytics and asset classes, index construction, the index industry and the asset management industry.
You’ll be encouraged to influence our product vision and then execute on that vision. You’ll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll also have great interpersonal skills. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver. This is a role with very high visibility within our organization and the investment community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support our index business across portfolio management, risk and attribution and product development teams
- Play a key role in the governance and evolution of the fixed income family
- Develop new ETF and customised benchmarks,
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Communicate product vision and build consensus among senior leadership team
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-based solutions
You’ll need to have:
- Knowledge of fixed income data (e.g, asset classes, analytics and classifications), fixed income markets and the fixed income index industry
- Understanding of day-to-day governance determinations on index events
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound product plans
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical capabilities working on bond and index analytics
- Analytic programming experience e.g., R, Python
- Understanding of investment process, portfolio theory, and financial markets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
- 3+ years of index industry, or equivalent, experience
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.