Here at Bloomberg New Energy Finance (or BNEF for short), we provide leading analysis, tools and data for decision makers making an impact in the energy space. We help clients stay on top of developments via our comprehensive web and mobile platforms. Operating with a start-up mentality within the larger enterprise, our responsibility is to develop & deploy cutting-edge software that meets the needs of our high profile customers.
We'll trust you to:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and to educate others
- Cooperate with web designers and product owners to match visual design intent
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary team
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues
You'll need to have:
- Proven working experience in web programming
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS/Sass
- A solid understanding of web application development including automated build pipelines, session management, and web security principles
- Commitment to writing meaningful unit tests and integration tests
- Creative problem-solving skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment
- A passion for standardization, reusable components, and process efficiency
- Familiarity with PHP and relational databases
- Interest in upholding Agile principles
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.