Funds Data Analyst - Scandinavian Language Speaker
Posted Jan 15, 2018 - Requisition No. 64438
You love the pace of the financial markets. You're the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying data that inspires news and analysis.
You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join the Global Data Funds team.
Who are we?
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team, we are responsible for the full lifecycle of data relating to all types of funds and collective investment schemes across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Whether you are sourcing relevant market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will ensure that we deliver accurate market data to the financial world first!
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will start in the Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. You will be a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will develop the product knowledge. You will also learn about our clients and their needs as well as build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience in the team grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of your specialised product, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership.
We will trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Develop expertise in fast-moving market sector information
- Liaise with technology teams to enhance relevant product databases
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
We need you to have:
- Up to 2 years of work experience in finance, information technology, data analysis or research
- Fluency in English and a Scandinavian language (preferably Swedish/Norwegian/Danish)
- Interest and/or proven experience in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
- Ability to start working in/after March 2018
- Understanding of buy-side and/or sell-side relationships
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of the wide-ranging impact of financial data
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- Effective project management skills; ability to prioritise tasks accordingly and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
It would be great if you had:
- Prior experience of interacting with players within the financial industry
- Additional European languages strongly preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.