Futures & Options Data Specialist
Posted Jun 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 104451
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Our Listed Derivatives data team seeks an experienced Data Specialist to help us drive the data set forward. The team provides our users with complete and accurate, normalized security listings and reference data for tens of millions of securities across more than 100 Derivatives exchanges globally. Cross-functional collaboration, deep domain expertise, and the ability to keep up with trends in the fast-growing listed derivatives market is paramount for our ability to continuously deliver high quality data to our rapidly growing customer base.
In this role you will design and implement solutions, measure and communicate impact, improve accuracy and timeliness, as well as communicate with clients and stakeholders. You will continue to develop your deep Derivatives specific domain knowledge and apply your impressive array of skills to solve evolving business challenges by devising and implementing intelligent and scalable solutions to improve the coverage and quality of our data offering. You will join a global team of dedicated individuals and experts where your interests and enthusiasm will have significant impact on the team’s success.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Proven experience in the derivatives market with a comprehensive understanding of the derivatives market in general, and in particular of complex derivative structures listed on European and Asian trading venues
- Be able to demonstrate established relationships with market data contacts at major derivatives exchanges
- Have a sound understanding of available exchange data sources as well as transformation techniques and best practices to build a normalized representation of exchange listed derivatives data
- Leverage data acquisition technology to onboard derivatives data from disparate sources
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance the product
- Provide outstanding customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, and Enterprise Solutions
- Communicate effectively with partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and determining requirements to explaining methodological decisions and project outcomes
We’d love to see:
- Have a solid working knowledge of SQL
- Proven ability to navigate a large organization and create solutions based on at times incomplete information. We take care of messy data from disparate sources and legacy systems with limited documentation.
- Proven track record of a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- Experience applying a methodological approach to problem-solving & process engineering to impact product decisions
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skill
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org