Global Banking Columnist - London
Posted Apr 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 90273
Bloomberg Opinion is looking for a global banking columnist to write primarily about investment banking, with a focus on Europe and Wall Street. This is a prestigious job on a successful team that requires deep sourcing, access to newsmakers and the ability to make sense of complex areas such as trading, exotic financial products and regulation. You'll need a keen interest in the industry's culture, too, from 100-hour work weeks to patchy diversity efforts. You'll be expected to offer unique insights on the biggest breaking news and identify important stories and themes before everybody else does.
We'll trust you to:
- Demonstrate exceptional news judgement
- Spot new banking trends (and signs of trouble) ahead of the competition
- Write beautifully and accurately, whether it's fast commentary or deeper analysis and features.
- Work closely with a seasoned group of international columnists
- Work effectively across multiple platforms, including Bloomberg TV, Radio and QuickTake
- Be an ambassador for Bloomberg Opinion both externally and internally
You will need:
- Lots of experience writing about global banks, preferably including the biggest European and U.S. firms
- A track record of contact building and producing great enterprise or commentary
- A solid grasp of finance and corporate accounts.
- A willingness to travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.