Global Data – Technical Project Manager
Posted Mar 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 89737
You're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to establish relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver, you thrive with building innovative solutions to sophisticated problems.
Bloomberg's Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our team in the London office. For this role, we are looking for an outstanding professional who has a mixture of strong analytical, project management, and technology skills and an ability to bring an entrepreneurial vision to our Exchanges team. The Exchanges team supports over 350 trading venues globally and is constantly looking to improve our technical capabilities to effectively run our market leading exchange content.
Market Data Project Managers are responsible for formulating and delivering end-to-end technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. They understand how market data is used by various Bloomberg products and customers and can collaborate with internal and external partners to implement enterprise wide initiatives. They are highly analytical individuals who can innovate and deliver in a multifaceted and constantly evolving, technical environment.
We'll trust you to:
Demonstrate your experience in the financial industry and understanding of market data and technology to develop strategies to influence and advise the strategic direction of Bloomberg's exchange infrastructure. You'll not only excel in leading day-to-day projects but you'll also keep an eye on the big picture and won't be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be. You'll periodically review the alignment of our technology with the business strategy and drive initiatives to constantly raise the bar of our capabilities to acquire and handle exchange content.
How you will make an impact:
- Champion projects sought to transform Bloomberg's technical and business capabilities to handle exchange services
- Build and handle the plans for moving technical solutions to production
- Utilise your strong analytic abilities to devise innovative market data technology solutions to influence the strategic direction of Bloomberg's infrastructure
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Form relationships with internal and external partners to understand their business needs; build consensus and strategies to deliver on those needs
- Proactively lead changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
- Effectively communicate progress and success to partners in compelling, creative, and accessible ways
- Develop and deliver reports & requirements documentation
- Build a rapport with programmers - keeping them focused and projects moving
You'll need to have:
- Expertise with how market data is used by different Bloomberg products and customers
- Shown industry experience, with a passion for leading projects involving new technology
- Experience handling financial technology projects involving teams of Engineers
- A desire to increase knowledge of software, network architecture and low latency parsers and systems
- Proficiency with one or more web development languages, such as Ruby or Python
- Ability to discuss deep technical concepts, evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with engineers
- Understanding of financial markets and the exchange market data industry
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Experience leading cross-organizational teams and ability to work closely with engineers to deliver on daring schedules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving aptitude
We'd love to see:
- Proven interest in programming
- ETL experience
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies
- Innovative mind-set
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.