Global Data - Business Operations Analyst
Posted Nov 12, 2018 - Requisition No. 71944
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time data available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Across 88 data sets, our Analysts are responsible for distilling intelligence and industry-specific insights for our clients - influencing investment decisions and moving markets daily. None of this would be possible without maintaining the highest standard of operational excellence and efficiency.
Our Operational Analysis team looks to identify and execute opportunities for increased efficiency across our data sets and analyst teams. We support our Analysts by promoting transparency into daily workflows. We support our business by upholding a standardized method of storing data in our enterprise reporting platform. As a team, our goal is to provide this information accurately, comprehensively, and as frequently as possible for each dimension of Global Data’s operations - productivity, timeliness, quality, and coverage. Together, we closely partner with other teams in Global Data to conduct process analysis and re-engineering when necessary, as well as establish and promote best practices across the organization.
Equipped with this data and the capabilities of the business unit’s enterprise reporting platform, you will seek to increase productivity by applying technology or leveraging alternative resource models. You will decrease time-to-market by highlighting latency, improve quality by finding patterns and trends when issues arise with precision and recall, and conduct ad hoc analysis requested by management across the firm.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Establish a centre of excellence for operational analysis, and strive for continuous improvement in Global Data workflows.
- Identify creative ways to account for work performed and promote operational best practices, leveraging technology stack components such as JIRA whenever possible.
- Actively conduct process analysis and process engineering across business lines.
- Ensure accuracy of all default analytics and ad hoc analysis created via our enterprise reporting platform by providing necessary data governance and maintaining integrity of underlying information.
- Foster a culture that turns to data for decision making across the organization.
- Closely partner with other leaders in Technical Operations and throughout Global Data to establish priorities for operational analysis and devise and implement solutions accordingly.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Data-related or Operations discipline.
- Demonstrated experience conducting process analysis and implementing solutions for efficiency.
- Experience with reporting and maintaining accurate and timely records (operations preferred).
- Proficiency conducting analysis with Qlik business intelligence tools.
- Ability to be a catalyst for change, and motivated to rise to the occasion.
- Willingness to learn technology for analyzing big data (appetite and aptitude).
- Passion for our dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Relationship building skills, and ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary partners at various levels.
We’d love to see:
- An advanced degree in Business, Finance or Technology
- Familiarity with outsourcing and vendor management
- Proficiency with SQL and Python
- Familiarity with ETL processes
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps. In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.
Opening date: 4th February 2019
Closing date: 4th March 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits