Global Data - Data Analyst - Securitised Products
Posted May 16, 2019 - Requisition No. 75155
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring and providing high quality and timely data to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data, which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Our Securitized Products offering allows our customers a comprehensive and unparalleled view into the world of structured finance. We ensure near-time availability of new instruments, and the most up to date information on existing debt instruments on the Bloomberg Terminal, building and developing relationships with issuers and underwriters, as well as regional and local exchanges.
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the structured finance market and the competitive landscape, along with being familiar with issuance and market data processes within a bank
- Develop and leverage your strong technical skills to build automated content and back-testing models that will support a range of client facing data generations
- Focus on efforts around process engineering to drive innovation and automation
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Combine subject-matter-expertise and technical skills to generate premium content and configure ETL software to improve processes
- Collaborate with Bloomberg Research, News, Sales and Engineering teams to contribute to the future development and strategic direction of the securitised products data-set
- Maintain and build relationships with sell side and buy side clients
- Generate ideas to help drive the product forward
You need you to have:
- An interest in finance and preferably in securitised products: ABS, RMBS, CLO, CMBS, MTG
- Ability to analyse large quantities of data through data analysis tools and an ability to interact and pull data from different types of databases and systems (SQL, API, BAS Services, DL, etc)
- Keen interest in information management and technology and product development
- Understanding of server, database structures
- Excellent numerical/analytical and communication skills
- 1+ years of professional experience, demonstrating your data analysis skills
- A second European language preferred
- Liaise with clients to effectively communicate needs to technology teams to enhance relevant product databases
- Strong client relationship skills and demonstrated customer service skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening date: 16th May 2019
Closing date: 13th June 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits