Global Data - Data Specialist - Equity Fundamentals
Posted Jun 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 91634
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As a Data Specialist in the Equity Fundamentals team, you will play a critical role in ingesting and analysing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning.
We’ll trust you to:
- Extract and rationalise data to Bloomberg taxonomies in accordance with established methodologies
- Manage projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set
- Codify market conventions and/or data relationships into business rules for data validation
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve the data products and/or associated processes
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Utilise subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Manage deliverables and communication with 3rd party providers and vendors
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Economics
- Experience working with, managing or using financial data (eg. Company financial statements)
- 2+ years of experience in similar role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with and/or managing 3rd party providers
- Experience in using Business Intelligence and/or Analysis
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Stakeholder-focused mind-set
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
- Availability to start as soon as possible We’d love to see:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Fluency in additional European language
- Project management skills and/or experience (working in an agile environment)
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Experience with VBA and/or SQL
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.