Global Data - Exchanges Data Modeller (Business Analyst)
Posted Apr 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 90186
You know the market data protocols and terminology that a market uses to describe their trading activities and the key features and the asset classes attributes that trade on them. You engage with internal and external partners and thrive on developing and enforcing standards. As a natural problem solver, you thrive on building innovative and harmonious solutions to complex problems.
We are looking for a highly creative and motivated individual to join the Exchange Data and Business team. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic, deadline driven environment to deliver the highest quality real-time data to our customers across all asset classes such as equities, derivatives, commodities & fixed income.
We are responsible for normalising real-time market data feeds from exchanges. This includes managing projects, building relationships, negotiating contracts and exploring business opportunities with the Exchanges.
As a data modeller you will be responsible for maintaining the standards and enhancing the features of the market data model that supports our Exchange content around the globe, working closely with Exchanges Product Owners, Engineering, Enterprise Solutions and Exchanges to ensure consistent coverage of exchange products to our Bloomberg customers. You will have prior experience with market data, their specifications and modelling key events that occur in a trading day into a proprietary data model. The role will be based in London.
We trust you to:
- Understand the key features and attributes of all asset classes that drive data model determinations, the key market data events and their impact on the end-to-end systems and applications
- Enforce the standards of the market data model proactively reviewing venues that are being integrated into the existing normalised market data events and recommend enhancements to further align the Bloomberg Data model
- Work with Engineering to make changes to key systems for Exchange market data processing
- Identify growing trends in markets and translate them into new features of the Bloomberg Data model
- Be involved with various aspects of the project life cycle from requirements and implementation design to development, release and QA/troubleshooting
- Be an escalation point for any issues with exchange market data behaviour within the market data model
You need to have:
- Experience working for an Exchange or in the Market Data industry
- Thorough understanding of market data conventions, such as how securities are traded and criteria to update calculated data points
- Ability to review and understand Exchange feed specifications
- Strong analytical skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret market data provider specifications and how to apply them to a normalised market data model
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and technically-minded
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation & organisational skills
We'd love to see:
- The ability to normalise exchange raw data into a proprietary data model
- An understanding of financial products, their features and how they work
- Familiarity with feed handler or message processing software development
- A passion for financial markets and an understanding of Exchange real-time pricing and reference data and liaising with multiple partners
- Hands on SDLC experience and a penchant for debugging
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl)
- Familiarity with Unix
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.