Global Data Analyst - Dividend Forecasting
Posted Aug 1, 2018 - Requisition No. 68477
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What’s the role?
Global Data’s Dividend Forecasting team is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative individual to be a part of our team. In this role, you will be given a portfolio of companies to forecast dividends for, using financial models, guidance and event analysis. Apart from that, we will expect you to build strong relationships with clients and internal Bloomberg teams, generate ideas for the product, as well as contribute to improving our processes using technology.
We'll trust you to:
- Analyse companies within given industries to forecast for individual company's future dividends up to four years in advance
- Utilise your entrepreneurial spirit to communicate and build relationships with clients, such as equity market analysts, options players, and dividend paying corporations as well as with the Bloomberg Sales, News and R&D teams
- Take ownership of your initiatives and see them through to completion
You need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience interpreting company financial statements, and performing quantitative financial and cash flow analysis
- Experience analysing options pricing, historic dividends, and corporate communications
- Excellent written, communication, presentation and networking skills
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship building skills
- Team player able to collaborate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders
We'd love to see:
- Experience using the Bloomberg Professional Service (the Terminal)
- CFA or equivalent post-graduate study (MBA, Master's Degree)
- Knowledge of information technology, statistical analysis or computer programming (e.g. VBA, SQL, Python)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.