Global Data Manager - Commodities, Energy, Economics and FX/Futures
Posted Apr 4, 2019 - Requisition No. 74472
Bloomberg runs on data, and in Global Data we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify creative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven Manager to lead and develop our Commodity, Energy, Economics and FX/Futures data teams. You will report into the Head of Global Data EMEA.
You will also be responsible for developing cross business relationships to ensure Global Data continues to adapt and develop in line with our clients’ feedback delivering the best product in the marketplace. You’ll play a lead role in influencing the technology solutions that govern our data operations.
We'll trust you to:
- Be a strategic thinker who is highly effective at innovation, planning, implementation and collaboration
- Drive the adoption and integration of technology to improve the Global Data Workflow through expanded data coverage, quality improvements and efficiencies in delivering data faster to market
- Execute and evolve plans for automated news generation
- Implement on the Global Data strategy and initiatives through collaboration with Business Managers, Global Data Technical Operations and Engineering staff
- Evaluate and monitor the success of the team in achieving its goals and metrics
- Drive workforce planning initiatives to ensure the correct resources and skills are in place to align with business needs
- Hire, develop, motivate and retain talent across the teams under your leadership
- Have meaningful client interactions to build trust, understand their needs and deepen relationships
You'll need to have:
- Prior experience of management; successfully leading diverse teams
- A high energy approach to inspiring others
- A proven ability to build strong client relationships
- A deep understanding of financial markets
- Solid grasp of data management technology applications and data set tools
- A demonstrable track record of enhancing and developing products
- Effective research, analysis and communication skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.
Opening date: 11th April 2019
Closing date: 9th May 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits