Global Data Specialist - Environment, Social & Governance
Posted Mar 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 73885
Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital and diversity. These are a few of the critical factors global investors need to consider to best identify business risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data fuels Bloomberg Sustainable Finance products. Our ESG Analysts integrate ESG risk and opportunity analysis into our clients’ workflows. ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by context – news stories by our journalists that are focused on ESG issues. ESG data moves global markets, and provides deeper intelligence to our customers than conventional financial analysis.
As a team, we're responsible for enhancing and reporting Environmental, Social and Governance related content for the Bloomberg Terminal; reported on and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics and proprietary scores. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company.
You're the type of person that looks beyond the headline with a keen eye for the details because you know how data inspires breaking news and analysis. You will measure trends, risks, and ratings of over 350,000 funds worldwide, and integrate ESG risks and opportunities into fundamental analysis. You will need to know your customer, their challenges, and their workflows. With this insight, you will bring creative ideas to the table on how we can make our data integration seamless and more efficient. Come see how you can empower smarter and more sustainable business!
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Research & Development to enhance relevant product databases
- Manage large and complex data projects related to Environmental, Social and Governance datasets
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS with strong academic standing or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly client management
- Prior experience or strong knowledge and understanding of the Environmental, Social, and Governance market
- Keen interest in information management and technology and product development
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Prior experience in Data Management or ESG
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charter holder
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Ability to read/write in Spanish or Portuguese
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.