Global Data Team Leader - Equity Fundamentals
Posted Feb 13, 2019 - Requisition No. 73619
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What’s the role?
Global Data is looking for a Team Leader to lead our Equity Fundamentals team. This position requires extensive communication across EMEA and around the world with Sales, Ancillary Product Groups, Analytics, News, Engineers & Business Leaders. You will be expected to work closely with Bloomberg clients and perform managerial responsibilities including the development of Data products and process re-engineering by applying technology, vendor management, and business planning. Your role is key in ensuring consistency of standards and collaborating with others to oversee the delivery of accurate and timely financial data whilst continually seeking new ways to operate more efficiently.
We’ll trust you to:
- Hire, coach and develop data specialists & analysts to build and grow a strong performing team
- Build processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level customer service exceeds expectations
- Leverage technology to optimize existing workflows, processes and resources to achieve department goals
- Maintain close ties with peer Data teams to drive strategic initiatives globally
- Take responsibility for business planning, budgeting and management of small to large scale projects
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor of Science in a relevant discipline
- Superb communication and team building skills
- Solid understanding of the wide-ranging impact of financial data
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client facing skills and enthusiasm to represent the product both internally and externally
- Comprehensive experience of building relationships
- In-depth understanding of merging technology and data processing methodologies, especially with respect to the application of big data
- Interest in creating/developing workflow tools and processes
- Commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Creative and flexible approach to managing and problem solving
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.
Opening date: 13th February 2019
Closing date: 13th March 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits